Zucchini Pizza Boats
Pizza cravings have derailed many well-intentioned dieters, so it’s essential to have a solution that doesn’t leave you filled with regret and excessive calories. This recipe for Zucchini Pizza Boats delivers all that you love about pizza – the flavors of basil, marinara, pepperoni and cheese – and swaps out the calorie-laden crust for guilt-free and fiber filled zucchini. Enjoy as a meal, an appetizer or as a snack.
Here’s what you need…
- 6 organic zucchini
- ½ cup organic spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 oz uncured pepperoni, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil
- Wash the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the zucchini flesh to make little boats. I used a knife to slice down the sides and then a spoon to scoop it out. If the zucchini is soft then you won’t need to use a knife. Arrange the zucchini in the prepared pan.
- Spoon some spaghetti sauce in each zucchini boat and then top with mozzarella, olives, basil and pepperoni. Bake for 20 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the zucchini are soft. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 90 calories, 4g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 6g protein.