I’ve got a fantastic, healthy recipe for zucchini cakes that I know you’ll love. Serve these guilt-free cakes with a side of lean protein for a well balanced, fitness meal.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups grated Zucchini
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Sweet Paprika
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and allow to sit in the sink for 10 minutes.
- Use a clean paper towel to squeeze excess water from the zucchini.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs. Add the coconut flour, flax and baking powder. Add the onions and zucchini.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop the dough in heaping Tablespoons, press down with a fork. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 51 calories, 2.7g fat, 188mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 3g protein