Teriyaki Rib Eye and Chicken Wrapped Asparagus
This recipe for Teriyaki Rib Eye and Chicken Wrapped Asparagus is savory and delicious. It’s a wonderful way to get your protein and veggies all at once! Fight the urge to serve this meal with traditional rice, and instead shred a head of cauliflower in a food processor and sauté into low-carb, guilt-free rice. Enjoy!
Yield: 5 servings
Here’s what you need:
For the Sesame Blanched Asparagus
- Sea salt
- 2 bunches fresh, organic asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh, black pepper
- Bring 2 inches of water to boil in a large skillet. Add a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Wash and trim the ends from 2 bunches of asparagus. Add to the boiling water and blanch for about 10 minutes, until tender and vibrantly green.
- Remove from heat, drain and place in a bowl. Toss with the sesame oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the Rib Eye and/or Chicken
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced Rib Eye and/or Chicken
- Combine the sake, mirin, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and maple syrup in a bowl. Pour over the meat in a shallow container. Place in the fridge and chill for an hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a grill pan or skillet. Remove the meat from the fridge. Wrap pieces of meat around stalks of asparagus. Place in the preheated skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 120 calories, 8g fat, 59mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 14g protein.