Tender Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
Putting dinner in the slow cooker before you leave for work in the morning is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you’ll be eating a healthy dinner that night. This chicken breast comes out so tender that it literally falls apart – it’s delicious.
Makes: 6 Servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 12 dried figs, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet, browning each side for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to your slow cooker and top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 389 calories, 7g fat, 400mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 48g protein