Taco Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are a wonderful, protein-packed, on-the-go meal that are easy to make on the weekend for quick meals all week long. This version of egg muffins takes all of the delicious flavors of taco night and packs it into a guilt-free, low carb meal. Reach for one of these Taco Egg Muffins instead of a high carbohydrate snack and watch how quickly your body begins to transform.
Here’s what you need:
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 6 organic, free range eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Handful of sliced olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a skillet brown the beef over medium heat. Add in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a bowl, mix up the eggs, add the browned, seasoned beef, chopped green onions, sliced olives and chopped tomato. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 184 calories, 13g fat, 225mg sodium, 10g carbs, 5g fiber, and 9g protein