Sweet Potato Protein Muffins
Most muffin recipes use white flour, sugar, canola oil and dairy—but not these healthy muffins. Each of these Sweet Potato Protein Muffins is packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and 9 full grams of protein. Enjoy one as a nutritious breakfast or as an after-workout snack. Servings: 12
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup almonds (or almond flour)
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 1 cup vanilla flavored protein powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Poke a sweet potato all over with a fork and bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and remove the skin. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Generously grease a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: 134 calories, 6g fat, 107mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2.4g fiber, 9g protein