Spinach and Egg White Breakfast Wrap
I forgot to mention that Fit Life food, while healthy and controlled, is still quite delicious! This Breakfast Wrap is satisfying and nourishing for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s ready in a flash, tastes amazing, and is filled with lean protein, veggies and whole sprouted grains. Try it today, but don’t be surprised if you get hooked!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup egg whites
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 sprouted grain tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons pesto (purchase it pre-made, or combine ½ cup walnuts, 2 cups basil leaves, 2 cloves garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.)
¼ cup tomato, finely chopped
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each tortilla and set aside.
- In medium sized skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden. Add the tomato and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it is soft and wilted. Remove the veggies from skillet, set aside in a bowl.
- Pour the egg whites into the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg is no longer runny.
- Arrange half of the egg whites in a line down the center of each tortilla. Top with half of the veggies and then fold the ends up and wrap like a burrito.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 288 calories, 10g fat, 28g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 21g protein.