Lemongrass Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Here’s a simple (yet delicious!) dinner recipe that is quick enough to throw together on a busy weeknight. It’s filled with healthy protein and fiber, without any pesky and fattening simple carbs. Top your Lemongrass Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a little salsa and chow down!
Here’s what you need…
For the Lemongrass Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
For the Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- sea salt
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- fresh chives, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil, Serrano pepper, lemongrass and ginger. Mix.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a sprinkle of salt and the chicken tenders. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Drain the chicken and shred directly into the bowl and toss with the lemongrass dressing.
- Serve the chicken on romaine lettuce leaves and garnish with chives. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 277 calories, 12g fat, 108mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 34g protein