Kale & Tomato Frittata
Here’s a quick vegetarian stir-fry recipe that’s perfect for a fiber-filled, meatless meal. There’s no need to serve this stir-fry over a pile of traditional rice – simply add extra veggies or shredded cauliflower. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 (12oz) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup finely chopped peanuts, or almonds
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16oz) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- ½ cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lightly coat the cubed tofu with coconut flour. In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons of the peanuts, the sesame seeds, ginger and red pepper. Add the tofu and toss gently.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the tofu mixture and cook for 4 minutes, stirring gently, until the sesame seeds are toasted and the tofu begins to turn golden.
- Remove the tofu from the skillet – set aside. Add the frozen vegetables and cook, stirring often for 4 minutes, until heated through. Add the stir-fry sauce and cook until the mixture is bubbly. Mix in the tofu. Top with the remaining peanuts and sliced scallions. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 229 calories, 9g fat, 490mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 13g protein