Holiday Cauliflower Rice
This delicious recipe is the perfect side to accompany your holiday meal. It’s grain free and lower in calories than traditional wild rice, while delivering big on flavor. Made with shredded cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, celery and chopped dates and walnuts, this faux rice is packed with nutrition and fiber. Servings: 8
Here’s what you need…
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 cup organic, free range chicken broth
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- In a large skillet cook onions in the olive oil for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, shred the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and celery in a food processor using the grating attachment.
- Add the shredded cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, celery, broth and a dash of salt and pepper to the skillet. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 35 minutes. Stir in the dates and walnuts, return to the oven for 10 minutes, uncovered.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 5g fat, 97mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein