Healthy Tuna Melts
Gone are the days when tuna melts were laden with fat and served on slabs of bread with a pile of French fries – this recipe gives you all of that comforting taste without the guilt. Oh and did I mention that it only takes a few minutes to make? Serve your healthy tuna melts up with a side of whole grain rice and steamed veggies for an all around winner of a meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 6 oz can of albacore tuna (in water), drained and flaked
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons low-fat shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients (not the cheese) in a bowl. Pre-heat a frying pan and coat with cooking spray. Form two patties.
- Cook one side until brown and then turn. When the second side is nearly done, sprinkle cheese over it.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 138 calories, 2g fat, 4.5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 25.5g protein