Greek Omelet Waffles
Here’s a fun way to eat your eggs – cooked in a waffle maker! In this recipe the subtle flavors of Greek omelet are served up in a convenient waffle shape – complete with Kalamata olives, feta cheese, roasted red bell peppers, chicken sausage and broccoli. This is the perfect recipe to enjoy for brunch or to make on the weekend and portion out for a week of quick on-the-go breakfasts to grab and enjoy on your way to work.
Here’s what you need…
- Olive oil spray
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 links chicken sausage, chopped
- Preheat your waffle griddle on medium-low heat. Spray generously with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, feta, bell pepper, olives, broccoli, sea salt, black pepper and chicken sausage. Mix well until fully combined.
- Transfer ½ cup of the omelet batter into the waffle iron, close, and cook until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and continue cooking the remaining batter in ½ cup scoops. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 279 calories, 18g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 18g protein.