Festive Turkey Burgers
Can’t get enough of those holiday dinner flavors? Then you’ll love these Festive Turkey Burger patties! No need for a bun, just a dollop of cranberry sauce and it’s good to go – protein style. Wrap in a large lettuce leaf if you’d like.Servings: 6
Here’s what you need…
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small green apple, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Cranberry Sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, onion, celery and apple. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in the almond flour, transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mix in the turkey, poultry seasoning, parsley, Dijon and egg. Form 6 patties.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil and cook the patties over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with a dollop of cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 345 calories, 26g fat, 571mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 16g protein.