Fast & Healthy Fish Tacos
Who said that fish tacos had to be fried? This refreshing recipe uses baked Cod and fresh coleslaw for that fish taco taste that is hard to beat. Need to fix dinner in a hurry? This recipe only takes 20 minutes.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 pound Fresh Skinless Cod
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 cups Shredded Cabbage Mix
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Lime or Lemon to taste
- Rinse fish and past dry with paper towels. Cut fish crosswise into ¾ inch slices. Place fish in single layer in greased shallow baking pan. Combine coconut oil, cumin, and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Combine the yogurt, vinegar and honey. Place the cabbage in a medium sized bowl. Combine the yogurt mixture with the cabbage until well blended.
- Spoon some of the coleslaw mixture into each tortilla; add fish slices. Squeeze fresh lime or lemon to taste. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 327 calories, 5g fat, 40g carbohydrate, and 26g protein.