Chili Spiced Nuts
A warm bowl of these chili spiced nuts make a fantastic appetizer or snack to serve at your holiday function. The spice combo is so good, try not to eat them all before your guests arrive! A jar of these would also make a wonderful hostess gift, free of preservatives or harmful ingredients. Servings: 20
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all of the nuts with the coconut oil. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well and then sprinkle over the nuts, mixing until fully combined.
- Spread the nuts over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden and toasty.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 168 calories, 14 fat, 78mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 5g protein.