Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This is a truly guilt free meal! It’s fun to assemble and devour these lettuce wraps. Stick with simple meals like this that are comprised of lean meats and vegetables in order to favorably convert your body composition.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or light soy sauce)
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 head butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and the chopped chicken. Cook until the pink is gone, then drain the skillet.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic, pine nuts, ginger, green onions, salt and pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes.
- Combine the coconut aminos, coconut palm sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture in the skillet. Mix well and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 219 calories, 10g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 80mg sodium, 8g sugar, 1g fiber, and 20g protein.