Celery Root & Green Onion Bisque
Here’s a deliciously creamy (yet dairy-free) way to enjoy your veggies. This wholesome, tasty soup is perfect as a light winter meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- dash of sea salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 1.5 lb celery root
- 32oz organic chicken broth
- 1 (13.66 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced
- black pepper
- In a large soup pot, place the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add the scallions, onion, and dash of salt. Cook for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Peel the celery root, then chop into small pieces. Add the celery root pieces, 1/2 cup of water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt to the pot. Cover and cook until the celery root is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk then cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup into a very smooth consistency. Garnish with chives and black pepper. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 154 calories, 11g fat, 430mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 4g protein.